The Director of Engineering will manage and drive the success of the department with a focus on exceeding expectations. You will play an active role in developing and completing projects, supporting team members in their career growth, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment, reporting results back to stakeholders, and expanding and hiring talented people. You will align engineering activities and projects with company goals. You will need strong attention to detail in tackling technical and organizational challenges to grow and manage the team. Our ideal candidate has been around the SaaS industry, knows what works and what doesn't, and is ready to pivot when needed.
All PayJunction employees are currently working remotely while our Santa Barbara and Minneapolis offices are closed due to Covid-19. We will consider ongoing/ full time remote for candidates residing in the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO.
- Articulate the vision and strategy and ensure the team fully understands how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to create and update roadmaps that balance short and long term objectives.
- Support team members in career growth through coaching and regular check-ins.
- Curate a productive work environment where the team is focused and fulfilled.
- Foster creativity, collaboration, and inclusivity throughout the department.
- Ensure projects are successful by keeping the team focused and performing project management on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for the team.
- Recruit and hire new talent
- Revise hiring and onboarding practices
- Manage the product, UI & UX, development, and sre team.
- Work with customers to understand customers plans and technical challenges.
- Develop career tracks for team members to grow within the company.
- Clearly communicate scope of work and technical concepts to other managers, team-members and stakeholders.
- Manage PCI Level 1 audit and compliance procedures.
- Lead and contribute to design, architecture, process and development discussions.
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Improve and maintain the engineering structure to scale and grow with the values of the company.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry working on software products or platforms
- 5+ years in an engineering manager role.
- 5+ years in successfully hiring, managing, training, and retaining engineers.
- Experience with product manager.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience participating and contributing to strategic planning
- Hands-on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Fluent working in Linux.
- SaaS industry experience.
- Experience working with PCI requirements in an engineering environment.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $5 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term disability
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 1 paid floating holiday per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Generous paid sick and vacation time
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- For the time being, our employees are working remotely to protect their safety during COVID. Our offices will be closed at least through Q2 of 2021.
- When our offices reopen, you can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desks and multiple monitors
- Dog-friendly office
- We currently still offer:
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees