PayJunction is looking for a proactive, analytical individual who wants join our team and further their career as a Risk Analyst in the Merchant Services/Payments industry. In this role your primary responsibility will be to evaluate incoming financial documents from merchants who are applying to use our payment processing product. You will analyze risks associated with extending credit to the merchant, and you will calculate premiums on the basis of merchants’ financial and background information. You will also maintain existing accounts and ensure our merchants can process payments with ease by providing technical support via telephone.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our employees can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our employees to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must live in one of the following states: CA, CO, GA, IL, MN, TX.
- Monitor and investigate merchant’s processing activities using a variety of risk tools
- Field customer calls requiring explanation of specific underwriting/risk policies and decisions related to those policies
- Contact banks, merchants and/or cardholders to verify transactions processed through merchant accounts.
- Conduct investigations regularly to ensure risk is managed and activity is compliant
- Concisely document your risk assessment findings
- Ensure that efficient and quality services are delivered that meet or exceed agreed service level standards
- Perform merchant account maintenance such as profile and bank account updates
- Collaborate with internal sales and other colleagues to support a successful merchant experience
- Stay current on merchant industry trends specific to the industries we support
- Perform other risk related duties as assigned including supporting the Credit team on reviewing merchant accounts
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required - field of study in accounting, economics or finance preferred
- 1-2 years in the merchant services industry with experience specific to fraud and risk
- Experience working with various transaction & risk monitoring tools/systems
- Analytical mindset with a critical, investigative approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented coupled with a high level of curiosity and risk awareness
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Able to juggle multi tasks and deliver consistent high performance
- Experience with Microsoft Excel/Google sheets (basic functions)
- Must be able to work an 8 am - 5 pm PT, Monday - Friday schedule
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $7 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability paid 100%
- Paid time off
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desk and a large 32-inch monitor
- Dog-friendly office
- Value Long-Term Relationships Over Short-Term Profit.
- Build the Dream.
- Put People First
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.