Commercial Credit Analyst
We are seeking a Merchant Services-focused Commercial Credit Analyst, who will use their skill set to evaluate incoming financial documents from businesses who are applying to use our payment processing product.
PayJunction is relentless and emphatical about helping others. We exist to drive the success of our partners. Specifically, the developers who connect to us, businesses who process payments through us, and all of our team members who work with us at PayJunction.
We believe dreams inspire people to start a business, and others to partner with them. While building dreams, entrepreneurs and business professionals will face many challenges along the way. We believe great partners can make all the difference.
We are your dream partner.
Your success is our success.
Our dream is to help you realize yours.
We exist to drive the success of our partners. We do this by fundamentally changing the way you transact with others. We just happen to make great payment systems.. If you love helping others succeed, in a culture that celebrates perfecting your craft, consider partnering with us.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our team members can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our teams to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must reside in one of the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO, GA.
Our Risk team’s mission is:
- To assess the creditworthiness of potential merchant customers and make sound underwriting decisions that support the company’s growth while minimizing risk effectively and efficiently.
- Produce written summaries of risk assessment along with subsequent recommendations for credit approval.
- Provide exceptional customer service, both via phone and email, and conduct timely follow-ups in support of efficient credit management processes.
- Conduct risk assessments to determine financial creditworthiness to support account exposure
- Perform detailed financial statement analysis on companies, including trend and ratio analysis utilizing financial documents such as the balance sheet and income statement.
- Assisting in updating credit policy and procedures as well as identifying /introducing innovative methods to streamlining risk assessments.
- Maintain timely and accurate reports regarding portfolio status including assurance of completion of annual reviews.
- Conduct company, industry and market analyses to further assess portfolio credit risk.
- Bachelor’s degree required – field of study in accounting, economics or finance preferred.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in merchant business underwriting and/or commercial lending.
- 1 - 2 years of financial statement analysis, commercial underwriting, and commercial portfolio management experience.
- Experience in independently analyzing and approving companies requesting loans, lines, exposure greater than $500,000.
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to distill large amounts of data into meaningful results.
- Comfortable generating advanced query functions and pivot tables.
- Experience performing detailed financial analysis on companies including:
- Ratio and trending analysis.
- Liquidity, Leverage and similar assessments.
- Able to identify concerns / red flags in business activity for repayment and/or processing history.
- Ability to listen actively and communicate effectively.
- Professional, friendly and genuine.
- Ability to absorb and disseminate information in a timely manner.
- Organized and efficient and able to focus on key priorities.
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed.
- Trustworthy, honest, and display a high level of integrity
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $8 billion dollars annually for thousands of businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental, and vision paid 100% by company
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability coverage paid 100% by company
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid team members can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chairs, height-adjustable desks, and a large 32-inch monitors
- Dog-friendly office
- Build the Dream
- Put People First
- Value Long Term Relationships Over Short Term Profit
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It
Salary Range Transparency - The base salary range for this role is $70 - $85K/year plus benefits. Actual base salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location, education, experience, skills and qualifications.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product, and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.