As an IT Administrator at PayJunction, you must be within the Santa Barbara, CA area, to work with a team of IT Admins providing level 2 & 3 IT support as well as AV support for the PayJunction organization. You’ll work with the rest of the IT team to resolve trouble tickets efficiently and keep the queue triaged. This will include maintenance of PayJunction’s general office infrastructure including video conferencing systems, network equipment, computers, printers and phone systems. You will need strong attention to detail in tackling technical challenges as the company continues to grow our capabilities and customer offerings. Our ideal candidate knows what works and what doesn't, and is ready to pivot when needed.
This position is required to work in-office in Santa Barbara, CA on an as-needed basis. Candidates must live within a 60-mile radius of Santa Barbara. No relocation available for this position. On days that in office is not required the employee can choose to work from the PayJunction office or remotely from home. The working hours for this role are 8am-5pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
We operate in a Linux and Mac environment (Managed by JAMF) . Learn more about our stack and engineering process read here: https://blog.payjunction.com/payjunction-engineering-ethos
Execution & Growth
- Own design, planning, execution and testing for projects.
- Deliver well functioning solutions with automated testing to prevent future regressions.
- Deliver work that delights customers.
- Estimate projects and deliver on those estimations.
- Identifies problems and risks in one's own and others' work.
- Identify technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant up-front work to resolve
- Be proactive in identifying and fixing issues.
- Create model documentation extended by others.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues for PayJunction staff
- Setup and deploy desktop equipment (laptops, monitors, phones etc..) for new & existing employees.
- Install software, patches, updates on desktops, laptops & peripheral equipment.
- Understand and make well-reasoned decisions in their team’s area; able to work in other areas with guidance.
- Work with cross team stakeholders to define requirements.
- Seek empirical evidence through proof of concepts, tests and external research.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Scope and stages work into well-defined milestones to avoid a non-flexible deliverable and downtime when possible.
- Select methods and techniques that result in low-defect, high-performant and that are easy for the team to maintain and extend.
- Go-to expert for Apple hardware and associated security.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure and tools.
- Approach all engineering work with a security, reliability, privacy, and compliance lens. Identifies issues throughout the software engineering process beginning in the design phase.
- Able to complete engineering projects with minimal vulnerabilities.
- Be an effective cross-functional communicator, and work well with adjacent teams.
- Identify and communicate requirements problems early.
- Receive little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Require minimal direction/oversight.
- You have 5+ years of experience in IT support or similar.
- Professional experience (min. 5 years) in administration of Apple Mac computers
- You’re passionate about customer support and guiding users through various problems & platforms.
- You have in-depth experience with supporting video conferencing systems ( Zoom preferred).
- Experience with Google Workspace Admin Suite
- Experience in the software products Microsoft Office products (MacOS)
- Experience with Identity Providers (Okta, SAML, SCIM, MFA)
- Experience with Firewalls, switches, etc
- Profound knowledge in Apple / JAMF (certificates are an plus, not a must)
- Professional experience (min. 5 years) in creating automation scripts with Bash/ZSH
- Intermediate knowledge of the following are a plus
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $8 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100% by company
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability coverage paid 100% by company
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desk and a large 32-inch monitor
- Dog-friendly office
- Value Long-Term Relationships Over Short-Term Profit.
- Build the Dream.
- Put People First
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It.
Salary Range Transparency - The base salary range for this role is $80-$95k/year plus benefits. Actual base salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location, education, experience, skills and qualifications.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.