Director of Sales
- Full Time
- Inside Sales
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
PayJunction is seeking a Director of Sales with experience scaling B2B sales organizations. The ideal candidate has led AE and BDR teams in a SaaS-based phone sales environment. This leader will support the career development of the current team and hire new talent. They should also foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment. We expect the Director of Sales to be process-oriented and make data-driven decisions.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our employees can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our employees to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must live in one of the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO.
- Sales Goal Setting & Metrics
- Identify the KPIs necessary to meet business and revenue goals.
- Monitor and track key metrics via Salesforce dashboards and other reporting tools.
- Review pricing methods, product positioning, sales effectiveness, and other means of attaining revenue targets. Make improvements as necessary.
- Pipeline Management
- Manage the database and ensure appropriate distribution of target accounts and leads.
- Conduct daily inspection of MQLs to increase conversion rates and reduce response time.
- Identify lead sourcing, generation, and qualification to keep your teams fed.
- Own your hiring forecast and collaborate with HR to ensure continuous alignment.
- Actively engage with HR to recruit and hire new talent for your top-performing sales team.
- Support team members in career growth through coaching, regular check-ins, and performance reviews.
- Identify top performers and low performers and manage each scenario accordingly.
- Work with the Learning & Development team to ensure training materials are built and rolled out for all roles in your department.
- Actively participate in call listening and shadowing and address observed skill gaps.
- Ensure continual alignment for yourself and your team with PayJunction’s core values.
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to provide department specific insights, reporting, and forecasting.
- Cultivate a strong partnership with marketing, sales operations and channel teams to implement effective strategy and plans.
- Provide feedback and reinforcement on sales tool usage, needs, and necessary enhancements.
- Work with Finance to define compensation/incentive plans that drive desired revenue outcomes.
The Director of Sales will be directly accountable in the following areas:
- Increase Revenue YOY
- Achieve Target LTV: CAC Ratio
- Attract and retain top sales talent
- Improving the sales process and team structure to scale and grow with the values of the company
- Highly organized and efficient and able to focus on key priorities.
- Ability to listen actively and communicate effectively.
- Flexibility and adaptability with a desire for continuous learning that will have a meaningful impact on the company.
- Ability to guide, influence, and motivate your team.
- Professional, friendly and genuine.
- Ability to absorb and disseminate information in a timely manner.
- 7+ years of experience in a SaaS sales management position with an SMB focus (payments industry experience a plus)
- 10+ years of experience in overall sales with a B2B focus.
- Experience participating and contributing to strategic planning
- Experience in Salesforce
- Familiarity with marketing automation and sales enablement platforms (Hubspot and Outreach preferred)
- Experience with call center metrics, tools and compliance requirements
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $7 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desk and a large 32-inch monitor
- Dog-friendly office
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.