Principal Visual Designer
Design is at the heart of what defines our culture at PayJunction. We are looking for a passionate and talented designer to unleash all of their creativity with our team. The Principal Visual Designer at PayJunction plays an integral role in the creative development and execution of UX/UI, product marketing, product brand, and consumer reception of the product. This role will require strength in both visual design and functional UI/UX.
Here are some of the examples of our design style:
We expect this position to be able to design within our current style guidelines as well as evolve them into the future. You must be passionate about visual identity and creating memorable and seamless UI.
PayJunction is relentless and emphatical about helping others. We exist to drive the success of our partners. Specifically, the developers who connect to us, businesses who process payments through us, and all of our team members who work with us at PayJunction.
We believe dreams inspire people to start a business, and others to partner with them. While building dreams, entrepreneurs and business professionals will face many challenges along the way. We believe great partners can make all the difference.
We are your dream partner.
Your success is our success.
Our dream is to help you realize yours.
We exist to drive the success of our partners. We do this by fundamentally changing the way you transact with others. We just happen to make great payment systems. If you love helping others succeed, in a culture that celebrates perfecting your craft, consider partnering with us.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our team members can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our teams to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must live in one of the following states: CA, CO, GA, IL, MN, TX.
- Maintain and evolve company style and brand guidelines
- Organize assets and design systems for team efficiency and cross-product consistency
- Assist developers in creating and maintaining a UI framework
- Collaborate with Product to wireframe UX flows
- Create final UI designs that meet feature requirements
- Design responsive user experiences and mobile-optimized assets
- Illustrate digital assets for marketing materials
- Approve print, multimedia and external design work
- Coordinate with internal and external design resources
- As needed, manage relationships with external vendors.
These are the minimum requirements for a candidate to be considered for this position:
- Candidate must possess a digital design portfolio that includes UI and web.
- 5+ years of experience in design at a SaaS company.
- Experience with Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Examples of design systems created for previous projects.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $8 billion dollars annually for thousands of businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability paid 100%
- Paid time off
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desk and a large 32-inch monitor
- Dog-friendly office
- Value Long-Term Relationships Over Short-Term Profit.
- Build the Dream.
- Put People First
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.