Director of Product
We are seeking a Director of Product, who will use their skillset to relentlessly drive the success of our partners.
PayJunction is relentless and emphatical about helping others. We exist to drive the success of our partners. Specifically, the developers who connect to us, businesses who process payments through us, and all of our team members who work with us at PayJunction.
We believe dreams inspire people to start a business, and others to partner with them. While building dreams, entrepreneurs and business professionals will face many challenges along the way. We believe great partners can make all the difference.
We are your dream partner.
Your success is our success.
Our dream is to help you realize yours.
We exist to drive the success of our partners. We do this by fundamentally changing the way you transact with others. We just happen to make great payment systems. If you love helping others succeed, in a culture that celebrates perfecting your craft, consider partnering with us.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our team members can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our teams to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must reside in one of the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO, GA.
Our product team’s mission is:
- Bend, shape, and mold our products (while innovating new ones) to help drive the success of our partners.
- Craft the overall and realistic vision for existing and new products and features.
- Design and control the product lifecycle design
- Product design from new to completion
- Iterative additions to existing products
- Validate financial viability of product concepts.
- Maintain perfectly groomed product backlogs.
- Build out standard product management functions within our company which includes product research, roadmap planning and execution.
- Collaborate with remote development teams.
- Engage with merchants, partners, sales, and engineering teams to elicit requirements.
- Work closely with our designers, marketing, and support teams to ensure data driven methods to survey feature needs from customers.
- Mentor and grow the current team and build your team of product managers
- 7+ years in a Product Management Leadership role.
- SaaS industry experience. Payments industry experience is a plus.
- Experience working with Figma and Jira.
- Experience with UI/UX resources.
- Ability to create clear and complete user stories.
- Has demonstrated strong user acumen by digging into the details of user and developer needs, identifying how to make it better, and building product/technical solutions to do so.
- Strong ability to anticipate roadblocks or “quirks” that will impact implementation.
- Experience partnering with engineering.
- You get excited about getting into the details and are equally excited about beautiful API design.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and lead complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience with Agile software engineering methodologies and able to mentor others in these practices.
- Ability to promote enthusiasm and support through verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $8 billion dollars annually for thousands of businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online, and on-the-go.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental, and vision paid 100% by company
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability coverage paid 100% by company
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid Time Off
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chairs, height-adjustable desks, and a large 32-inch monitors
- Dog-friendly office
- Build the Dream
- Put People First
- Value Long Term Relationships Over Short Term Profit
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product, and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.