PayJunction is seeking a Director of Finance to provide valuable, reliable, and strategic financial planning and analysis. This person will own, cultivate, and further develop the finance department’s mission, strategies, and goals to be in alignment with those of the company. The selected candidate will provide strategic thought leadership and analysis that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business. Payments or SaaS experience is a must for all applicants.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who:
- are big picture thinkers,
- can drill into the details, and
- create actionable strategic plans.
To compliment our current exceptional accounting team, these candidates must be highly:
- encouraging, and
We envision our Director of Finance working hand-in-hand with our Director of Accounting. Together, they will:
- build the dream state for collaborative finance and accounting,
- offer strategic insights that move our company forward, and
- position themselves as great business partners our teams can rely on.
The Director of Finance will have a major impact and responsibility for driving us to the next level.
All PayJunction employees are currently working remotely while our offices are closed due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to return to the office, this person can choose to work from our downtown Santa Barbara office or to remain full-time remote. All applicants must reside in one of the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO.
- Owning, cultivating, and further developing the finance department’s mission, strategies, and goals to align with those of the company
- Providing strategic thought leadership and analysis that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business
- Delivering financial modeling to enable informed decision making on strategic initiatives, such as new products and pricing
- Cultivating a strong partnership and collaborative environment with accounting to ensure timely and accurate financial planning and reporting
- Collaborating with leaders across the company to recap budget vs actuals and provide department specific insights, reporting, and forecasting
- Collaborating with leadership, legal, sales, and HR teams to implement effective strategy and plans
- Developing and enforcing authority matrices including pricing and negotiation expectations
- Owning the headcount plan and collaborating to ensure continuous alignment with HR
- Ensuring KPIs are in-sync with financial goals and company strategy
- Preparing ad hoc financial models as needed to support the business needs
- Attracting, recruiting, and hiring new talent for your top-performing finance team
- Supporting team members in career growth through coaching and regular check-ins
Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Finance will be responsible for spearheading, furthering, and collaborating on a variety of financial tasks.
Candidates should exhibit strong experience in the following areas:
- Strategic Planning
- Corporate Strategy
- Tax Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Treasury Strategy
- Internal Controls Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Compensation Planning
- Market, Product, and Competitive Analysis
- Functional Oversight & Management
- Hiring & Managing Direct Reports (Revenue, Compensation, and Financial Analysts)
- Financial Analysis
- Tax Analysis
- Treasury Analysis
- Accounting Collaboration
- GAAP Compliance
- Federal Tax Compliance
- Multi-State Tax Compliance
- Management Reporting
- Designing Management Reports
- Developing Action Plans from Management Reports
- Designing Financial Statements (Historical & Projected)
- Financial Analysis
- Developing & Maintaining Performance Metrics & KPIs
- Operational Reporting Packages
- Developing Action Plans
- Monthly Reviews
- Merchant Profitability Monitoring, Alignment, & Adjustments
- Referral Partner Profitability Monitoring, Alignment, & Adjustments
- Compensation Planning Monitoring, Alignment, & Adjustments
- Communicating Detailed Explanations for any Partner Payments Made
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Developing Budget Targets
- Projecting Cash Flows
- Reviewing Capital Requests & Approval Process
- Internal Controls & Auditing
- Designing & Reviewing Policies and Procedures
- Designing & Reviewing Internal Control Systems
- Managing Auditor Relationships
- Developing Internal Control Action Plans Relative to Needs
- Contracts & Investment Activities
- Negotiating Contracts (Sales/Vendors)
- Enforcing Pricing & Negotiation Expectations
- Negotiating Outsourced Functions
- Developing & Maintaining Banking Relationships
- Financial Tools & Implementation
- Implementing Appropriate Financial Planning Tools
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualization
- Billing Platforms
- Inventory Systems
- Board of Directors
- Preparing and Delivering Board Reporting
- Flexibility and a strong desire to work on a variety of financial matters, continue to learn, and have a meaningful impact on the company
- Ability to drive, contain, and take ownership of projects and tasks in order to bring them to prompt and effective completion
- Ability to prioritize and manage workloads to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to summarize and communicate financial concepts clearly and effectively
- Ability to collaborate as a reliable team player
- Ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Ability to garner buy-in from their finance and non-finance peers
- Highly organized with the highest standards of precision and accuracy
- Excellent judgment and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- 8+ years of experience in finance in a rapidly growing Payments or SaaS company
- Exceptional modeling skills for financial reporting and visualization (Payments or SaaS)
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves (one that can-do and lead-how-to-do)
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets
- Advanced skills with Excel and other applicable software
- Experience in Salesforce and similar systems
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $5 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term disability
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 1 paid floating holiday per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Generous paid sick and vacation time
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- For the time being, our employees are working remotely to protect their safety during COVID. Our offices will be closed at least through July 15, 2021.
- When our offices reopen, you can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desks and a 32-inch monitor.
- Dog-friendly office
- We currently still offer:
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.