Business Development Representative
We are seeking a business development representative who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is looking to jump-start their career in technology sales. While PayJunction has been growing steadily for over 20 years, our inside sales team is relatively new, so we are looking for people who are eager to bring curiosity, creativity and enthusiasm to the team each day. Come join us in disrupting the payment processing industry!
Since our founding in 2000, PayJunction has always prioritized long-term relationships over short-term profit. PayJunction’s business development representatives serve as the first point of contact with future clients, a crucial step in forming the long-lasting relationships we strive for.
PayJunction takes a Flex First approach to work environments. This means that our employees can choose to work from our Santa Barbara office or remotely from home. We ensure that everyone has the resources and equipment to work where they feel most productive. We trust our employees to make the best decision for their work environment. All PayJunction employees must reside in one of the following states: CA, IL, TX, MN, CO, GA.
- Identify high-quality leads through a series of qualifying questions.
- Generate new leads through outbound cold calling and emailing; manage inbound leads as well.
- Maintain a high call volume of 60 cold calls per day.
- Use our tech stack including Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, and Outreach to properly note and manage accounts.
- Become an expert on our product and services to effectively demonstrate our value proposition.
- Perform additional duties and tasks deemed appropriate for position by supervisor.
- Full-time position, Monday through Friday, with working hours from 7am-4pm PST.
Skills & Requirements
- Desire for continuous learning in the field of sales.
- Ability to quickly learn the tools and skills necessary to succeed in the business development representative role.
- Ability to build rapport and make connections with all types of personalities over the phone.
- Naturally competitive in nature while still being a team-player.
- Willingness to implement and give feedback.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Winner persona with a go-getter attitude and ability to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Individuals with diverse career experience in sales and hospitality are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates, PayJunction has grown from a bootstrapped startup to a recognized and respected leader in the payments industry. PayJunction processes more than $7 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of small and medium businesses with solutions that make it easy to accept credit and debit card payments in-store, online and on-the-go.
Our focus on computer science as an art—combined with our ethical, customer-centric attitude—drives us to develop disruptive technology that lowers costs, simplifies accounting and boosts productivity for small and medium sized businesses. Our cloud-powered payment solution easily and securely integrates with industry-leading business software and management platforms. We take pride in delivering innovative features such as eco-friendly digital signatures and receipts that eliminate the hassles and costs of paper by storing all transactions in the cloud.
Our people-first culture values long-term relationships over short-term profits. Honesty and integrity are part of every interaction with partners, customers and employees. We foster a collaborative work environment, where creative ideas are welcomed, teams are inspired, and success is celebrated. PayJunction is a place where you can find experienced mentors and supportive friends who are committed to your growth.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Paid time off
- 8 paid company holidays per year
- 2 paid floating holidays per year
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Quarterly “fun budgets” for team bonding events
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Opportunity for remote, in-office, or hybrid work
- The opportunity to choose the work environment that best suits you - remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- All remote & hybrid employees can enjoy:
- Company-provided equipment for your home office
- An equipment allowance for home office essentials
- Free instructor-led yoga classes via Zoom
- The opportunity to work at one of Glassdoor's Top 30 Best Places to Work in the US, 2020!
- Those who choose to come into the office can look forward to:
- Bright and open offices in downtown Santa Barbara
- Stocked snack kitchens
- Collaborative work spaces with Herman Miller chair, height-adjustable desk and a large 32-inch monitor
- Dog-friendly office
- Value Long-Term Relationships Over Short-Term Profit.
- Build the Dream.
- Put People First
- Make it Simple
- Be Data Driven
- Own It.
PayJunction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a work environment where people from all backgrounds and identities thrive. We firmly believe that more diversity and inclusion in our workforce creates a stronger team, product and culture.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on all of its potential employees.
The base compensation for this position is $20.30/hour and the ATI (at target incentive) additional compensation for this position $10,500/year. The compensation information is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act.